Mutra Vaha Srotas is the channel for urine in the body. It is in charge of creating urine, regulating the water in the body, regulating pH, and metabolism of vitamin D.
Marga: Ureters, urethra, and bladder.
Mukha: Opening of urethra.
Water consumption is regulated by the kidneys. Excess water is excreted by the kidneys, and also excess liquid from the colon. The color of urine changes according to water consumption and type of food taken. For example, red urine after eating beets, yellow urine after consumption of vitamin C and B. When the liver has disorders as jaundice or hepatitis A, the urine will be dark yellow.
Reasons for problems:
– Excess\lack of water intake.
– Over consumption of salt\sugar.
– Suppressing urine excretion.
– Eating\drinking\copulating during the bladder is full.
– Sex diseases.
– Drugs and alcohol.
Kidneys are connected with emotions like fear and anxiety, and those emotions affect the kidneys.
– Lack\excess of urine excretion.
– Pain\burning sensation while urinating.
– Protein\blood\sperm\pus in urine.
– Lower back pain. (under the ribs)
– Urinary incontinence.
– Kidney’s inflammation.
– Bladder inflammation.
– Urinary tract stones.
– Kidney stones.
– Blockage in urine excretion.
Some herbs which are good for this srotas are: Gokshur, Gokshura di Guggul, Punarnava, Licorice.