* The description given below, is specific to the Dosha which is discussed. No individual constitution is made up from one Dosha alone.
– Medium height, slender body frames.
– Chests not flat as Vata.
– Show medium prominence of veins and muscle tendons.
– Many moles or freckles which are bluish or brownish-red.
– Bones not prominent as in Vata.
– Muscle development moderated.
Skin – complexion may be coppery, yellowish, reddish or fair. Soft, warm and less wrinkled than Vata skin.
Hair – thin, silky, red or brownish, tendency towards premature graying of hair and hair loss.
Eyes – grey, green, copper-brown, conjunctiva is copper-colored and sharp. Eye-balls in medium prominence.
Nails – soft.
Nose shape – sharp and tip tends to be reddish.
Physiologically – have strong metabolism, good digestion, strong appetite, usually take large amounts of food and liquid.
Have a natural craving for Sweet, Bitter and Astringent tastes, and enjoy cold drinks.
Sleep – medium duration but uninterrupted.
Excretions – Urine – large volume of urine.
Feces – yellowish, liquid, soft and plentiful.
Sweat – excessive perspiring.
Body temperature may run slightly high, and hands and feet feel warm.
Do not tolerate hard work, sunlight and heat.
Psychologically – good power of comprehension.
– Very intelligent and sharp.
– Tend to be good orators.
– Weakness – hate, anger and anxiety.